Security News & Tips
Top 5 Benefits of Access Control Systems
Access control presents a completely new way for people and business owners to feel secure and gain control over their residential or commercial environments. Perfect for homes, office buildings, and even gated communities, access control systems come in a variety of styles and allow access from a number of different key methods – key codes, swipe cards, voice readers, and even fingerprint identifiers – allowing just the right amount of security and protection for whatever the situation requires.
ESP Security is an access control provider that utilises all the latest technology and only the most state of the art techniques. We understand that your home or office is important to you, and urge you to consider a few of the key benefits of access control systems when determining the right level of security and protection that you need.
1. Electronic keys are extremely difficult to duplicate. While physical keys can fall into the wrong hands and be easily manipulated, copied, and distributed, such is rarely the case when keys come in an electronic form. Electronic keys can be duplicated, but such an instance requires a great deal of knowledge, skills, and sophistication, making cases of electronic duplication much more difficult to achieve and much more rare of an occurrence, offering your home or business an extra layer of protection.
2. You never have to worry about losing your key. Because access control requires no physical key, you never again have to worry about losing your key or forgetting it somewhere and locking yourself out of your home or business. Along those same lines, you don’t have to worry about carrying multiple keys around with you or remembering multiple codes, because your code is individualized by user, not by door, so the same key code will grant you access anywhere you need it. If you are a operating a business, providing new employees with a key is as simple as programming them a new key code.
3. Access control is customizable for each user. Access control allows you to minimize your exposure to risk by never granting more access than is absolutely required for each specific user and in any given situation. With access control you can quickly and easily set user-level controls by either specific location or time. Want to give your employees access to the building but only between the hours of nine and five? Or do you want to give your employees access to the main building but not to the manager’s office or certain other off-limits areas? Access control can not only do this, but it makes it easy too.
4. Electronic keys allow for remote access. Easily one of the most convenient benefits of access control, your system can easily allow you to “buzz in” individuals when you are not there to do so yourself. Is one of your kids locked out of the house, but you are still at work and cannot let them in? Want to let your neighbour in the house to check on things while you are on holiday? Or maybe a tech or contractor needs access to a certain area of your office building, but no one on-site has the proper level of access to let them in. No matter where you are, with access control you can provide access to your residential or commercial residence remotely, and always know who is coming and going at all times.
5. Access control allows for history logging. Access control provides you with added security and greater peace of mind, because every time access is granted to your property it is logged and recorded for later review, if necessary. This feature of access control is absolutely invaluable during investigations of vandalism or theft, or even for simply tracking the activities of suspicious employees or family members that you want to keep an eye on.
If access control sounds like something that can provide you with the right level of peace of mind when it comes to protecting your home or business, then please give ESP Security a call today.
Contact ESP Security today for more information or call on 01 8391188