Security News & Tips
Get your Burglar Alarm Serviced before Winter
Most people would agree that we haven’t had much of a summer. Now the clocks will soon go back and the dark nights are drawing in, what’s the weather got in store for us this as winter approaches? More heavy rain? Gales? Snow and ice? Happily, we’ll be safe and warm in our homes while the elements do their worst. Or will we?
To insure we will, now would be a good time to take a few precautions to make sure your house is in order. If there are jobs on your home that you’ve been meaning to get on with – or get someone in to deal with – then don’t delay any further. And the first thing you should do is make sure your home burglar alarm is serviced and working.
Why service your Burglar Alarm?
- Regular servicing helps to maintain the performance of an alarm systems
- Regular servicing of an alarm system ensures the system’s reliability and durability.
- Most alarms needs service once a year.
- It is sensible and cost effective to have regular alarm services done than to have breakdown repairs.
If you have an alarm that needs servicing, we can offer you solutions at one off costs to you, even if the alarm was not installed by us. We can also repair or replace parts of the system to get it up and running. We can repair and service most alarm systems such as Aritech, Astec, HKC and more. We provide alarm maintenance service for all residential properties.
Our Alarm Service Package involves the following :
- Check history of alarm system since last maintenance service
- Visual inspection of all major alarm components including cabling & connections where accessible for signs of deterioration or damage
- Check and walk test all detectors
- Check satisfactory operation of manually operated devices e.g. panic buttons
- Check and test remote signalling equipment (where appropriate)
- Make adjustments as necessary
- Repair minor faults where necessary (additional costs may apply)
- Retrain the users on the use of the alarm system (if required)
- Return the alarm system to operational status
We recommend you arrange an alarm service if your burglar alarm is showing any of the following signs.
- PIR sensors and Door Sensor LED lights flash for prolonged period.
- False Alarm Activations and difficulty in disarming when activated.
- Low battery warning and faulty display at Control Panel (This option is only available in certain models)
- Any other problems with operation of the alarm system.
- If the alarm is visibly damaged or any parts have fallen off.
Contact ESP Security today for more information and a quote from Brian to get your home alarm winter ready