Security News & Tips
Business Security Tips from ESP Security
Have you taken steps to protect your business? It’s not an easy job. So to help weave provided this check-list to get your started or serve as a review.
INTRUSION – KEEPING CRIMINALS OUT
– Cut back landscaping to keep your business visible from the street.
– Install deadbolt locks on all entry doors.
– Make windows more difficult to open with locks and pins. Add protective film which makes glass more difficult to break.
– Install a professionally monitored burglar alarm system.
– Install CCTV cameras at entrances, loading docks, outbuildings or other areas attractive to burglars. Post signage that cameras are present.
VANDALISM – LOSSES CAN ADD UP QUICKLY
– Install fencing and lighting to help protect equipment, vehicles and supplies stored outdoors.
– Repair damage to windows and doors before they become entries for criminals.
– Don’t forget to protect outbuildings and other remote facilities.
– Install low-light security cameras and signage around your building perimeter to act as a deterrent and record video to help guards identify vandals.
INTERNAL THEFT – MINIMIZE THREAT
– Consider running background checks on top job candidates.
– Keep minimal amounts of cash in your facility.
– Only provide keys to those employees needing them to perform their jobs.
– An access control system offers more protection and cards are easier to replace if lost or stolen.
EVERYDAY SAFETY – A FEW EXTRA TIPS
– Copper theft is near epidemic proportions. Help protect your rooftop equipment and electrical boxes with extra fencing and locks.
– Only give alarm codes to those needing to open/close the building and make each code unique to the individual (e.g. janitor)
– When possible, keep your doors locked and use a video intercom to see and talk with visitors before allowing them entry.
– Immediately remove keys or access cards from a person terminated from employment.
Contact ESP Security today for more information and a quote